How can I be automatically notified of new PEI Real Estate listings that meet my search criteria before they hit MLS or REALTOR.CA? (…and not be contacted by an Agent…)
Wouldn’t be great if you were looking to buy, sell, or just interested in Real Estate in Charlottetown, Stratford, Cornwall, West Royalty, or Prince Edward Island Canada, and before the property was listed on the public’s version of the MLS, you would be notified via E-mail of the new listing automatically and without obligation? Well, now you can – the second the listing goes on the Agent’s and Broker’s version of the MLS. These are new listings from every Real Estate Agent and Broker in PEI.
Allow me to clarify: There are basically two MLS systems in PEI (and most provinces and states);
- In PEI, the MLS system that the agents and brokers use internally is called Paragon.
- The MLS you are probably familiar with ran by CREA is called REALTOR.CA, in the USA it is called REALTOR.COM.
- This data is also slowly migrated to hundreds of other websites over time.
Here is the interesting difference:
The one the agents use is in real-time, and REALTOR.CA is not. The data from Paragon is uploaded to REALTOR.CA and hundreds of other websites at times through what is called DDF (and other methods; it is called IDX in the USA). This happens many times per day.
Here is how you can get the inside track, and receive access to real-time MLS data the second it is posted on the Agent’s and Broker’s MLS (Multiple Listing Service):
Contact your PEI Real Estate Agent and give him or her your search criteria including the following:
- Price range (low and high – Canadian dollars please).
- The number of bedrooms.
- Square feet.
- Age of house (if a house).
- Design of house (split entry, bungalow, 2-storey, back split, etc.).
- Size of Land (in acres).
- Location of a radius from a centre (city, town, landmark, or address), better yet; The North, South, East, and West boundaries of your search area. Look at it as a treasure hunt. In the cities, use street names, in the country use communities/towns/villages.
- Type of property (land, house, business, condo, cottage, commercial, hotel, motel, bed & breakfast, or otherwise).
- Year round or seasonal use.
- Clay road (yes/no)?
- Waterfront Only (rivers, ocean, bay or strait)?
The trick is to be specific enough that you are not going to get inundated with thousands of listings. Once this information is sent to your PEI REALTOR®, you can expect the information instantly. You will receive every listing that meets your criteria from every agent and broker on the Island. There is no need to contact more than one agent or broker (unless you want changes). Isn’t that amazing?
You may also discontinue the e-mails at any time with the click of a mouse, and you will never be contacted by your Agent if you provide those instructions.
Additionally, some agents will have mailing lists for preferred clients that may give them a heads up before the property for sale is even listed. Ask to join this list as well. Our weekly mailing list can be joined here:
When you receive the listings, flag the ones that are favourites and thumbs down the ones you don’t like.
Enjoy, and happy house hunting.
Michael Poczynek, CRS, MCNE, CNE, ABR, CIAS, CDPE, SRES, ePro, RECS, MRED
Agent, Century 21 Northumberland (1987) Ltd. | Commercial & Residential REALTOR®.
Marketing your property Socially and Globally® for Over 20 Years.
Ranking in the Top 1% of more than 10,000 agents in C21 Canada 2018.
PS. Do you want the absolute coolest tool ever invented for looking at Prince Edward Island Real Estate? Check out this video here.
PPS. Oh, by the way… if you know of someone who would appreciate the level of service I provide, please message me with their name and number. I’ll be happy to follow up and take great care of them.